The original building started life as a family home that was extended to create a 5-bedroom home that unfortunately was disjointed and did not operate as it was needed for a growing family. In a private estate road and on a prime seafront plot it needed to be in keeping with its location. The owners approached DESIGN4U to look at the design and build of a new home to better suit their life as a high-level executive home. There followed a design process of 2 years to develop a home to serve their needs. The process started with plans to extend and a budget of £1.2 million but soon developed into a £4.5 million 6/7-bedroom home with nanny annex. Once planning was granted in late 2020 building begun in 2021 and was completed in 2023.
The home was designed to give a solid eco performance and structure first principal and with materials to finish to give that special appearance. The house was designed to free flow from different areas and enhance living by the sea with equal detail to the external space design as well as internally.
The house boasts a number of special features but unlike most of projects we deal with this was never about a budget but to deliver the quality and performance required by its clients as a weekend and holiday home. The detailing was challenging but the completed home was well worth the effort with a house that enhances the plot and something to be proud of. A journey we shared together from start to finish.
- Masonry structure with aircrete blockwork internally and stonework external skin for strong appeal.
- Slate roof with design elements to maximise looks and performance.
- Special designed curved window at first floor rear and zero gravity sliding rear doors of 7m. These were designed to enhance the sea views at the rear.
- A double-sided fireplace.
- 6/7 bedrooms and 560m2 of accommodation.
- Master bedroom overlooks the rear sea views and has dressing room and a large ensuite to suit.
- Nanny annex to keep privacy.
- Air Source Heat Pump (ASHP) heating system and thermostatically controlled zones to maximise performance.
- Mechanical Ventilation and Heat Recovery system (MVHR).
- High level finishes internally with shadow gaps to all walls, and curved walls carefully used to aid the free flow around the house.
- Family orientated design and safety features.
- Aluminium high marine grade windows.
- External swimming pool with its own heating system and separate ASHP.
- Interactive lighting and electric system.
- Landscape design externally using the same materials as the main house to enhance its overall finish and appeal.
- External summerhouse and shower facilities plus an external kitchen for functions held.
- Underfloor heating throughout.
- It has its own wine cellar installed.
- Its own gym and Sauna.
- 3 phase electric supply and fast charge electric car points.
- Garage has a special designed mezzanine floor with retractable staircase. This area doubles as storage and play area.
- Electric gates to its own private drive.